* Diodes: 4x1N4448, 6x 3-ampere rectifier diode, one schottky diode BAT48 or BAT 46 or BAT 4x * LEDs: yellow 5mm diffuse, red 5mm diffuse, green 5mm diffuse, * HPWT-BD00 or HPWT-DD00 or HPWT-BH00 or HPWT-DH00 (manufactured by Lumileds) * http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/228353/LUMILEDS/HPWT-BD00.html
- SFH203 photodiode (Infineon), converts light to current -> TZA3032TransimpedenceAmp -> TZA3034 -> PECL
* http://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sheets/Osram%20PDFs/sfh203.pdf * BPW43 photodiode - $0,5 900nm with filter $0.5 for bulk and $0.78 for one * BAT48 - $0.1 * Transistors: BF998 First stage PIN RF transistor Dual gate mesfet - $0,10(bulk) and $0.5 for one * Video amplifier NE592 - $0,5(bulk) - $1 for one * or BF907, 7x 2N3904 * diode 1n5048 - $0.1 * Integrated circuits: 74HC00, 4x 74HC04, 74HC14, 74HC74, 74HC132, LM78805, LM78L05, NE592 * http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Cat=1967048&keywords=photo%20diode * http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Cat=525357&keywords=photo%20diode Fiber 100meg
Ronja distributors Edit
http://ronja.vyrobce.cz/ 100meg unit
ttp://ronjashop.com/request.php online shop
http://images.twibright.com/tns/5a2.html Cluster of Ronja's
Commercial Optical detectors Edit
- http://www.qphotonics.com With integrated Transimpedence amplifier 2gig bandwidth
* http://www.directindustry.com/industrial-manufacturer/photodetector-73461.html Direct industry * http://thorlabs.com/ Optic kits * http://www.newfocus.com/products/?navId=3&theView=modelGroupDetail&productLineId=3&productGroupId=137&modelGroupId=1279 * http://www.oemarket.com/index.php?cPath=36 Pin and avalanche detectors * http://www.silicon-sensor.com/sso/eng/index.htm * http://www.idquantique.com/products/id200.htm IdQuantique www.oelabs.com
IEEE publication Edit
* High performance 10 Gb/s PIN and APD optical receivers * http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?arnumber=776173
photodetector 40Gig Edit
http://tech.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=08/12/09/0248218 An anonymous reader writes "Intel has developed a device, the Avalanche Photodetector, that senses light pulses and amplifies output signals for faster data transfer over long distances. Researchers claim this is a big advancement in the field of silicon photonics, in which silicon is used to transfer light pulses for data exchange between chips and devices. APD can detect light at higher frequencies and moves data at rates of 40Gbps, making it more sensitive and quicker than earlier photodetectors, at a tenth the cost."
Besides use in optical computer and communications links, technology based on the new device could be used to make highly sensitive infrared imaging systems and cameras. It could also be used to create more sensitive biochips or better fibre-to-the-home components. - CctvCameras
As anyone who has tried to route a board with a large number of GHz I/Os knows all too well, it would be wonderful to have direct optical interconnect between ICs. The potential bandwidth would be large, the signal integrity issues minimal, and perhaps the power much lower. But there is one huge problem: the technologies necessary to illuminate an optical channel, modulate it and convert the optical signal back into an electrical one are all big, expensive, and incompatible with standard CMOS processes. This is a problem on which Intel researchers have been toiling for some time. And earlier this week, they announced another incremental step toward a complete solution: an avalanche photodetector that is in principle compatible with silicon CMOS processes. Photonics Technology Lab Mario Paniccia.
http://www.holochip.com/ Used in FSO
1 GHz silicon light modulator Edit
search: silicon light modulator http://www.google.co.za/search?hl=en&as_q=&as_epq=silicon+light+modulator&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=100&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images
PIN and APD Edit
http://www.free-space-optics.org/fso_comparisons.php PIN and APD are used for IR reception. The larger the receiver Loupes the less scintallation has an effect.
Used in ronja
40pf , 20ns switching time, peak flux 4.6lumens, stabilized 3.8 lumens
http://www.roithner-laser.com/LED_HP_single_chip.html PTIONAL WITH 15° COLLIMATING OPTIC lens
http://www.roithner-laser.com/All_Datasheets/LEDs/ELJ-630-211.pdf 15degree view angle
http://www.roithner-laser.com/All_Datasheets/LEDs/ELJ-630-211.pdf Used for optical communications Switching time 20ns, 15lumens, what is pf value??