Cockroaches have an inbuilt ability to stabilize their frame in a severe obstacle environment. Quad_frames#Flexacopter and Vibration is the preferred solution for building a quad copter due to its high frequency vibration attenuation ability with wire rope. Attempting to implement control stability with only a plastic frame and Kalman math algorithms isn't possible as the IMU gyro saturation at its resonant frequency of 8khz is to severe. The wirerope creates a mechanical low pass filter, it is impossible to eliminate all vibration, like it isn't possible to eliminate all harmonics in a power supply. Copy the Quad frames flexacopter wire-rope and DJI Wookong IMU on aluminium block idea for the Vibration problem. Drive the electric motors at 20khz above the range of human hear with PWM. Existing boards drive motors at 4khz to conserve power, but it makes a noise within the human hearing range.
Stealth silent drone operation is achieved with pwm above the human hearing range of 20khz. AtmelMicro pwm is 4khz, generating a high pitched noise. Interface an FpGa to the arduino pwm output lines and convert it to 20khz and same on the ESC speed control. The drawback is increased energy consumption.
- University Zurich quadcopter
- Hybrid gas drone
- Diydrones arducopter Preferred for Quad frames , fixed wing Uav airframes:VTOL and Ardu helicopter. https://diyrobocars.com/simple-raspberrypi-car/ is the sister site of diydrones.
- Gentlenav Matrixpilot was the preferred fixed wing solution, diydrones or Pixhawk should be used.
- Openpilot Had the lead, use arducopter.
- Battery rc RC Calculator, motor databases. Select appropriate motor size etc. for load.(swiss website)
- Virtual robotics Quad IMU in cooperation with diydrones.
- Multiwii quad Renamed cleanflight, 1000+ forks on github.
- Vibration Reducing vibration to the IMU by creating a low pass mechanical filter, preventing IMU saturation at 8khz.
- ESC_speed_control#px4.io the Pixhawk autopilot solution and optical flow
- Autoquad uav note the ESC hardware files.
- AuraUAV, rcexplorer.se
- Gprs and wifi streaming stream video over 3g and rasberry pi. See http://sasecurity.wikia.com/wiki/Category:FPV
smallest drones Edit
Tethered drone Edit
- Quad copter tethered
- Emlid.com Waypoint rtk gps embed ground control points for ground mapping. Precision landing with realtime kinematics. Navio board inserts into Rasberry Pi.
- Lidar, Slam Lider terrain following, latest arducopter code release (3.4)
- https://github.com/MisaZhu various projects, pid, arduino
- dji PRO mavic clone $40 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvOmALEXMsM
precision landing Edit
Uav airframes Edit
- Uav airframes
- Antenna tracking
- Uav robotics
- Quad frames
- Electromagnet use electromagnet to pick up objects.
Uav and robotics development Edit
- erlerobotics.com Linux version of pixhawk diydrones. See EmbeddedPc for udoo board.
- http://www.dronesmith.io/luci/ A drone entrepreneur with cool ideas for a human-machine-interface, or a developer working on the next generation of IoT applications, Luci provides ease of development with maximum performance. Uses https://www.yoctoproject.org/ for custom linux build from source(scratch).
Speed control Edit
- Uav links
- ESC speed control
- http://osmccontroller.wikia.com Open source motor control GPL project on Yahoo groups.
- Battery rc batteries
Ground robots Edit
- https://autorally.github.io/ , https://github.com/AutoRally/autorally_platform_instructions Georgia tech autonomous driving robot. AutoRally platform documentation v1.1 available on our platform instructions repository. This release includes everything you need to build your own AutoRally chassis: Autorally chassis and Mini-ITX compute box instruction documents. Operating procedures document Complete parts list Wiring diagrams .stl files for 3D printing .dxf files for fabricating parts.
Github robotics Edit
- Uav pepperball gun, Uav power generation, PCB manufacture
- UAV Outback Challenge Use same image processing ideas to look for intruders on farms
- http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/pixhawk-2-1-set-to-fly-off-shelves Vibration isolation built inside module
- https://jeanleflambeur.wordpress.com/ It uses a Raspberry Pi, 2x 2.4Ghz wifi cards for video streaming, a 433Mhz connection to control the quad and a 5.8Ghz wifi card to send the video to an android phone. So far I have the hardware done - case, buttons, gimbal, screen etc - and most of the software in place as well.
- http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/guidance-algorithm-for-tracking-smooth-trajectories , https://dobratech.com/ guidance algorithm , https://dobratech.com/courses/kalman-filtering-for-drones/ kalman filter course
- https://danstrother.com/eddie/ personal robotics site. fpga, vision etc.
- Mapbox , Intel Aero drone
- Hvlabs robotics control software opensource. PID control tuning
- Dew robotics, meArm
- iCub robotics
- Turtlebot 76 forks github
- http://en.robotis.com/index/product.php?cate_code=101010 Linear actuators for robotics PID control over CAN bus
- Kickstarter Uav projects on kickstarter.
- Carbon tubes Spin own carbon tubes at 10% the cost of commercial versions. http://www.xwinder.com/
- Igus robotics
- Uav suppliers
- Hardware hacking , Gears robot(belts, pulleys, servo's building blocks(modular))
- Electric Car
- South Africa uav http://www.steadidrone.com/
- Uav clones
- Maxrotor Kickstarter project
http://www.fightingwalrus.com/, https://github.com/fightingwalrus/iGCS Fighting Walrus™ creates the best personal drone experience for iOS on Apple devices. The iDroneLink™ accessory and iDroneCtrl iOS App allows you to control your personal drone with your iPad or iPhone at distances up to a half mile.
- http://www.riecktron.co.za Clone of https://www.servocity.com/html/actoboticstm.html
- http://www.flyzano.com Nano drone with HD camera, controlled from smartphone .... device does not work, rather try http://www.eyeinthesky.ro/cheerson-cx-30w-drona-cu-camera-si-fpv-prin-wifi/
- http://visionbot.net/ PCB pick and placement machine
- http://dirtypcbs.com/index.php PCB service $25 10x10cm double sided.
Combine ........ video over cellar networks with suitable UAV project and fitted with Thermal imaging cameras. UavAirframes A few hundred UavAirframes#3m_Aerosonde_type_frame fitted with cheap Gentlenav from Uav robotics and un-cooled $3500 ThermalImagingCameras#Flir_Pathfinder streaming images over a 400Mhz WiMax link, patrolling the major Afghanistan routes will prevent IED attacks.With FpGa real-time image stabilization is done on the Mpeg4Compression, DVR stream, negating cross winds destabilizing the video image. This same principle can stop crime in South-Africa as well as piracy on the high sees. South-African law is tolerant of civilian drone usage - Drone swarming.
Gentlenav Matrix pilot, loiter an UavAirframes in a circle above a target, making the IMU dizzy proof. Gentlenav determined that that there is a 0.08sec delay in the magnetometer readings and compensated for this using feed-forward control and enabled automatic in-flight gyro calibration. Eliminate RF interference (http://sasecurity.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Wifi_construction), place pcb inside plastic box, painted with copper-paint, constructing a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage .
As an UavAirframes circles in a spot its IMU gets 'dizzy' or saturated but Gentlenav solved the problem. Fixedwing speed control is achieved using the kinetic energy of the craft, thus a plane will dive to gain airspeed in addition to increasing throttle.
In strong winds the effective airspeed measured by the air speed sensor differs from ground speed, Gentlenav solved this by maintaining a constant ground speed irrespective of wind speed. For UAV'S to be useful it must be able to loiter in a loop over a target for any point of time and be able to maintain a path in any direction at an angle to a strong cross wind. The UAV will have to point its nose in a direction away from its intended path to compensate for the wind, meaning the vector calculations integrating GPS and magnetometer readings will be different than if there were no wind. In no wind the nose of the UAV is pointed in the desired direction of travel. Openpilot, Diydrones arducopter and Gluon Pilot fixed wing code can't compensate for cross winds, their code only works in calm weather. (this problem was fixed by diydrones).
Sense and avoid Edit
http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/congrats-to-the-aerotenna-team-for-winning-sense-and-avoid-compet. OcPoC (Octagonal Pilot on Chip) is the SoC FpGa -based open-source flight control platform engineered to bring you greatly enhanced I/O capabilities and processing power that is unparalleled by any other platform of its class. https://aerotenna.readme.io/docs/what-is-%CE%BCsharp μSharp, a 360° sense-and-avoid radar small enough to be integrated into consumer drones, has the robust performance needed for reliable obstacle avoidance in any weather condition at time of day or night.
Aluminum vs carbon fiber Edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MG4z6rnbpE Drill holes in aluminium Quad frames to reduce weight, much more cost effective then carbon legs. Make your own carbon fiber tubes with CncControllers#Xwinder
- http://sasecurity.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Rcgear Long range radio gear, rc hobby, servo's tx,rx etc.