ground control station
Pixhawk IMU Edit
Dual core2 Intel processor $420 board. http://www.diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/pixhawk-pximu-available
500kbit radio Edit
http://www.rfm.com/products/dnt900.shtml Uses Gimballed antenna
Combine this with SerialCameras
Attopilot IMU Edit
$4000 IMU unit from the USA available for export to South-Africa. Clearance takes three months under ITAR regulations.
Commercial IMU's with prices available Edit
Commercial IMU solution from Poland Edit
Between 1000Euro and 1200Euro. Not subject to US ITAR regulations, Poland allows export of UAV systems to South-Africa.
* http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1109053 links to his site and email * http://www.aerialrobotics.eu/ * Sells uav systems email@example.com * http://diydrones.com/profile/KrzysztofBosak * http://www.aerialrobotics.eu/flexipilot/flexipilot-advantage-en.pdf * http://www.aerialrobotics.eu/flexipilot/flexipilot-features-en.pdf * http://www.aerialrobotics.eu/flexipilot/flexipilot-installation-en.pdf * http://www.aerialrobotics.eu/flexipilot/flexipilot-navigation-en.pdf * http://www.aerialrobotics.eu/flexipilot/flexipilot-triggers-en.pdf * http://www.aerialrobotics.eu/flexipilot/flexipilot-weather-en.pdf * http://www.aerialrobotics.eu/flexipilot/flexipilot-osd-en.pdf * http://www.aerialrobotics.eu/flexipilot/flexipilot-brochure-en.pdf * http://www.aerialrobotics.eu/flexipilot/flexipilot-command-set-en.pdf * http://www.aerialrobotics.eu/flexipilot/flexipilot-software-en.pdf
http://www.ryanmechatronics.com/index_files/ProductDetailCHIMU.htm 'Kalman filtered IMU, gyro, acc and magnetom..
Commercial Autopilot from China Edit
* http://www.dji-innovations.com/en/ $3000 from China full autopilot system * http://www.dzyrc.com * http://www.diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/unboxing-the-feiyu-fy3zt-imu Another one for $1000 from China
This is the only system available outside the USA and is not subject to US ITAR regulations. See http://runryder.com/helicopter/t479814p1. This is the standard version, later revisions will have Way-point navigation. It can be implemented on the standard version using an ATMEL chip, RadioModems and GPS combination. The desired GPS coordinates are converted using a CPU to the relevant radio PPM or PWM signal and fed into the IMU autopilot unit. Once the desired location has been reached the heli is placed in hover mode automatically by the autopilot.
http://runryder.com/helicopter/t479814p1 "..XP3.1 standard operate in semi autonomous mode which means that if you center all the sticks, heli hovers autonomously within 1-2 meters at any height, if you move elevator stick, the forward velocity will be proportional to the stick position. The heli will first accelerate to that speed and maintain that speed to cruise until you centered the stick again, the heli decelerate and go into auto hover. for other direction also the same, and you can do combination of them together. If you want to do a turn coordination, just push rudder stick at the same time when the heli is cruising, the autopilot will handle all the coordination for you. The video is shoot in this mode, and with a wireless video monitor from the on heli camera so the heli can have constant cruise and climb rate, when you want to turn, just push the rudder, that's all. The helicopter have a gimbal that is controlled by the XP3.1(optional function) it will compensate the pitch and roll of the helicopter to made the camera stay horizontal. We did some post processing of the video to remove some vibration generated by the camera mount...."
The only other commercial systems are forbidden from being exported to SA by ITAR. These are $15k Carvec, $18k Wepilot and $17K CloudCap.
SA microstrain agents Edit
The unit has a gyro, accelerometer and magnetometer with internal Kalman filtering to present an accurate Euler angle.
* http://www.esteq.com are agents for http://www.microstrain.com * 3DM-GX2-USB-M, 3DM-GX2 inertial measurement unit - R14,918.00
Commercial IMU solutions Edit
* http://www.aeromech.usyd.edu.au/wwwdocs/uav.html * http://www.xsens.com $3000 Will Export to SA from Netherlands * http://www.continentalctrls.com/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=6 * http://www.microboticsinc.com/ $5000 to $12000 Will export from Australia * http://www.microstrain.com R15000 * http://www.procerusuav.com/productsKestrelAutopilot.php Export to Australia * http://www.u-nav.com/3500.html Australia wins outback challenge Export restrictions South Africa, order via Australia * http://www.atairaerospace.com/circinus/ $2500 Export to SA ? * http://www.rcatsystems.com/ CATS-IND-UAV - Starts at $2495.00 Will they export to SA or Australia * http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955347 Topilot china $5000 available 2008 * http://www.microboticsinc.com/rc_uav_autopilot.html * http://www.omniinstruments.com.au/ * http://www.omniinstruments.com.au/products/product/micro.id82.html * http://www.iat-llc.com/ * http://www.thesiliconhorizon.com/
UGV - Unmanned ground vehicle Edit
- http://www.xsens.com XsensDutchcompany together with http://www.delftdynamics.com/ a commercial dutch UAV company that will export products to South Africa , they are not bound by ITAR. Dutch commercial company IMU unit for 2000Euro. The IMU unit - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inertial_guidance - uses Kalman filtering to filter out vibrations caused by the airframe and rotor. With the Xsens IMU a RadioControlHobbyist needn't understand Kalman theory to implement accurate Euler angle control of a system. For opensource IMU control see RateGyro2.
Xsens will export to South Africa, USA exports for UAV purposes are hampered by legislation. The US government considers UAVs to be military equipment. When dealing with a US company concerning commercial IMU units, don't say anything about UAV applications. The only way it seems one can obtain UAV systems from the US is to import it via one of their partner countries such as Australia.
Silicon Horizon Edit
he Pegasus is currently all wood but we have plans to produce a composite version as well. We're working hot and heavy on a flying wing design with EPP wings and a composite fuse to house the electronics and the payload. Should have a version of it available in the next couple of months. Fully autonomous (other than takeoff and landing) with a 12 MP camera for $3100 complete.
* Jimmy * UAV Systems Engineer * Hangar 18 * http://www.hangar18uav.com
IMU varies between $5000 and $12000. The company is US based, all international orders are handled through Australia.
Gladiator agents SA Edit
MTC Aero Supplies Contact: Tony Moss 40A Florence Avenue Johannesburg/Gauteng 2008 South Africa Telephone: +27 11-455-1668 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +27 11-455-1668 end_of_the_skype_highlighting Fax: +27 11-455-4405 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Atair aerospace Edit
Fuses GPS and barometric sensing with accelerometer, gyro and magnetometer to provide quaternion and Euler angles. The embedded processor resolves sensor fusion and development issues that typically challenge software/hardware teams.
* http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=872276#post10769204 Presently the best IMU on the market * http://www.atairaerospace.com/circinus/ $2500
It seems the Atair provides more features than the microstrain.
Guys hold up, plenty of items like this have gone through the export hoops and are on sale around the world, as this soon will be too. Procerus Technologies : Kestrel Autopilot is a perfect example, a full feature IMU Autopilot that I can buy here in Oz under export control.
Unless your in what the USA lists (as detailed in a previous post) a "bad" country you will be able to buy an Atto once the Dean has met his USA enforced ITAR obligations.
Commercial IMU vendors Edit
* http://www.innalabs.com/distributors/ * http://www.o-navi.com Gyro, magnetometer * http://www.sequenceti.com/Accel/Accel.htm not imu just acceleration * http://www.motionnode.com $1000 IMU unit * http://www.cloudcaptech.com/ * http://www.newmicros.com Helps with UAV development. * http://microboticsinc.com/ins_gps.html GPS ims * http://atairaerospace.com/inu/ * http://www.bec-nav.de/ * http://www.becnav.co.uk * http://www.becnav.co.uk/imu.html Becnav IMU
* http://www.oxts.co.uk/ * http://www.oxts.co.uk/default.asp?pageRef=6 RT3002 IMU system * http://www.robotnik.eu/ * http://www.robotcombat.com/marketplace_rc-gyros.html * http://www.microstrain.com/ - RoboTics * http://www.gladiatortechnologies.com * http://www.summitinstruments.com * http://www.kvh.com/FiberOpt/index.asp * http://atairaerospace.com/inu/ * http://www.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/data_sheet/MMA6260Q.pdf * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attitude_and_Heading_Reference_Systems 3-d gyro like systems * http://www.Archangel.com/ Archangel Systems Inc. USA] * http://www.navionex.com/About.asp Navionex Inc. Canada] * http://www.xbow.com/ Crossbow Technology] Used in sourceforge project - RateGyro2 * http://www.litef.com Litef GmbH] * http://www.sagemavionics.com * http://www.mavionics.com/ Germany * http://www.watson-gyro.com * http://www.xsens.com/ Dutch exports to South Africa - 2000Euro * http://www.sonardyne.co.uk/Products/Inertial/ Sonardyne Marine Inertial Products * http://www.axsys.com Gyro stabilized camera * GyroCompass from http:/www.eaglecctv.co.za * Analogue devices .com temp compensated gyro system
Gyro cameras Edit
* http://www.helinet.com/camera-systems.html maybe link not right * http://www.innalabs.com
Open source Edit
Open source IMU solutions see - RateGyro2