Windows path Edit
- https://github.com/KartikTalwar/dotfiles/blob/master/bat/python.bat vimrc finds path to python
You'll most likely notice you have a something.db-journal file - that was my first sign! I ended up writing a class to abstract stuff away but the key line is, when creating the table, execute the pragma line: PRAGMA journal_mode = OFF http://www.stevemcarthur.co.uk/blog/post/some-kind-of-disk-io-error-occurred-sqlite/ and for more information see here http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html I found this was due to weird permissions with the default DELETE option. TRUNCATE works as well as OFF https://gist.github.com/17twenty/8831301
- https://gist.github.com/shichao-an/ec1b0ee1aa85d7b3c863 base class __repr__
oop vs procedural Edit
Procedural and functional should be the only paradigms. A problem is by definition problematic, it cannot be reduced.
- http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/OO_programming/why_oo_sucks "Objects bind functions and data structures together in indivisible units. I think this is a fundamental error since functions and data structures belong in totally different worlds. If a language technology is so bad that it creates a new industry to solve problems of its own making then it must be a good idea for the guys who want to make money. This is is the real driving force behind OOPs."
- http://www.rebol.com/article/0425.html In its purest form, OO is a model of associating behavior with state (function with data). Originally, back in 1982, it seemed like a good idea because real world objects had specific actions related to them. A pen was used to write and draw. A pencil was used to write and draw. We thought, "Wow, there's a pattern, and it seems to be quite natural." However, it was a false model. A pen does not write and draw, it takes a human to make a pen write and draw. The actions of write and draw do not belong to the pen. OOL is not a complete solution. Too many of the behaviors of objects come from (or are influenced by) sources that are external to their encapsulated definitions.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdE-d_EhzmA David West
https://pythonprogramming.net python tutorial site on many. by uploader sentdex on youtube