Machinery's reference series
Machinery's reference series from the The Industrial press
- https://archive.org/details/bevelgearing00flanrich 'Machinery's reference series' https://archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22Flanders%2C+Ralph+E.+%28Ralph+Edward%29%2C+1880-1970%22 , Rules and formulas for designing spiral gears, by R.E. Flanders.--Diagrams for designing spiral gears, by F.J. Bostock.--Herringbone gears.--Calculating gears for generating spirals on hobbing machines, by G. Muffly.--The setting of the table when milling spiral gears, by G.W. Burley , First principles of gearing.--Formulas for dimensions of spur gears, by A.B. Babbitt.--Internal spur gears, by R.E. Flanders.--Strength and durability of spur gears, by R.E. Flanders.--Design of spur gearing, by R.E. Flanders.--Variation of the strength of gear teeth with the velocity, by R.E. Flanders.--Simplified formulas for the strength of gears, by C.R. Whittier https://archive.org/details/spiralgearing00flanrich (worm gear construction) is nr.6 Machinery's reference series no.6
- https://archive.org/details/machinerysrefer03unkngoog Worm gearing by Flanders
- https://archive.org/details/wormgearing00newyrich Worm gearing Flanders, Location of pitch circle, Hindley worm and gear, design of self-locking worm gears (C.F. Blake)
- https://archive.org/details/bevelgearing00flanrich Bevel gearing
- https://openlibrary.org/publishers/The_Industrial_press The Industrial press 153 books on machine element design, published "Machinery's reference series".
- https://openlibrary.org/works/OL3717391W/Hobs_and_gear_hobbing gear hobbing, https://archive.org/details/spurgearing00babbrich spur gears, https://archive.org/details/machinerysrefer03unkngoog die casting, https://openlibrary.org/works/OL5357102W/Mechanisms_and_mechanical_movements Mechanisms and mechanical movements
- https://openlibrary.org/works/OL16748368W/The_extrusion_of_metals extrusion of pipes
- https://archive.org/details/textbookofadvanc00smituoft Text-book of advanced machine work
by Smith, Robert H. (Robert Henry), 1852-1916
Gears and Gear Drives , By Damir T. Jelaska
Make it extreme
- https://grabcad.com/library/make-it-extreme-s-bender-roller-1 from makeitextreme.com rollerbender
- https://grabcad.com/library/metal-bender-drawings-1 from makeitextreme.com
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaIqlG1vHs8 Pipe bender and see Lathe#Diy_lathe from Homemade lathe machine uploader.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HywYEMDOX9w Home made tank. Tracked vehicle
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQvMk42fBAE#t Grease nipple lubricating two round pipes inside each other, instead of bearings. How to manufacture a hydraulic motorcycle lift bench part three by WALTER DANIEL CORDOBA
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tkGhmtRoDQ fat bike
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzrQuljX_WU Pipe bender for greenhouse part1
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q4oMVtW4FI Made in Poland metal cutting bandsaw
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=LLF3pG5Cea0nmMyR--iV5Sgw Liked 780 videos on machining. factorydragon87 , linked from Lathe#Mill
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWRjaYqvWjo Over 30+ youtube machinist uploaders
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n03JraRgD2k Belt grinder from scrap.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUTWtHOVyPI drill perfect center hole through round bar.
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZC9LGZLfyjrKT4OZne-JNw Oxtoolco
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooK1Nmo8h88 Mini lathe CNC conversion kit. dropbox plans
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Polq5piWhQ , http://www.flashcutcnc.com/ CNC retrofit of lathe with steppers.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0pBPqj5lR8 Large heavy duty 4th axis build by Simpsons36
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvVsjO8XRsw Hacking a commercial cnc 3020 by
International Precision Engineering
- Safe cracking
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPLyPjiF-I Pneumatic broaching machine by Swagoffroad
- Brown and sharp tools publisher,
- Machinery's handbook , Chicago gear works
http://www.bostongear.com/pdf/gearology/all_gearology-chapters.pdf Boston gear design tutorials on worm,spur, bevel gears. See chapter 4 on worm gear throat, pitch, addendum, dedendum.
http://engineeronadisk.com/notes_mechanic/gearsa5.html Pitch diameter , number of teeth
- Formulas in Gearing and Practical Treatise on Gearing, published by Brown & Sharpe Mfg. co., by Providence, R.I https://archive.org/details/formulasingeari00progoog ,
- https://archive.org/details/practicaltreati01rigoog Practical treatise on gearing" referenced by Flanders book "Worm Gearing" Only reference found that explains the precise construction of worm gear Pd, throat etc.
https://archive.org/download/canmachinery1907toro/canmachinery1907toro.pdf Canadian machinery and metalworking (January-December 1907) trade practice articles on shaping of cutting tools
Books and Papers Dudley, D.W., 1984. Handbook of Practical Gear Design. McGraw Hill. Maitra, G.M., 1994. Handbook of Gear Design, second ed. Tata McGraw Hill. Norton, R.L., 2006. Machine Design, third ed. Pearson. Radzevich, S.P., 2012. Dudley’s gear handbook of practical gear design and manufacture, 2nd ed. CRC Press. Shigley, J.E., 1986. Mechanical Engineering Design, first metric ed. McGraw Hill. Further Reading Shigley, J.E., Mischke, C.R., Budynas, R.G., 2004. Mechanical Engineering Design, seventh ed. McGraw Hill. Townsend, D.P., 1992. Dudley’s Gear Handbook, second ed. McGraw Hill. Standards AGMA Design manual for cylindrical wormgearing. ANSI/AGMA Standard 6022-C93. Reaffirmed 2008. AGMA Practice for enclosed cylindrical wormgear speed reducers and gearmotors. ANSI/AGMA Standard 6034-B92. Reaffirmed 2005. BS 721-1:1963. Specification for worm gearing. Imperial units. BS 721-2:1983. Specification for worm gearing. Metric units. BS ISO TR 10828:1997. Worm gears. Geometry of worm profiles. PD ISO/TR 14521:2010. Gears. Calculation of load capacity of wormgears. Web Sites At the time of going to press the world-wide-web contained useful information relating to this chapter at the following sites: www.ashokaengineering.com/ www.bandhgears.co.uk www.bellgears.co.uk www.bostongear.com/products/open/worms.html www.brentwingearcompany.co.uk www.davall.co.uk www.delroyd.com www.gearcutting.com www.gearmanufacturer.net/ www.girard-transmissions.com www.hewitt-topham.co.uk/ www.hopwoodgear.com www.hpcgears.com www.huco.com www.mmestrygears.com www.muffettgears.co.uk/ www.qtcgears.com/ www.rarodriguez.co.uk www.traceygear.com www.wmberg.com
search for creator:"William Cawthorne Unwin" and machine design at archive.org https://archive.org/download/elementsmachine11unwigoog/elementsmachine11unwigoog.pdf , https://archive.org/download/elementsmachine09unwigoog/elementsmachine09unwigoog.pdf
moved to Gears robot
Universal joints, Bevel gears
- http://www.abssac.co.uk/p/CURTIS+U+Joints/130/#.VbD44vkRG9c Uniquely, we can also supply the TakeApart ™ design which allows for dis-assembly and reassembly of the universal joint without the use of special tools and replacement of component parts. This feature enables the end user to machine the hubs to fit the mating shaft if a standard bore does not. In addition to this, easier access to other components in a drive line can be achieved by being able to quickly and easily disassemble the joint after it has been installed in the application.
- http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:112718/#comments threadless ball screw
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5El9UynAFc Traxx company rc model
- http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:392828 R2ZZ bearing type, see Ebay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2saYF_FLgA DIY line boring tool
https://archive.org/details/MachineDesign Albert w. smith 1905
https://archive.org/details/ECL-255 Peter Sawchuck is required to design a two-speed gear box for a cold rolling mill coiler. He undertakes the design of a one-off unit that will satisfy the requirements. The basic gear design is governed by AGMA specs, but the remaining components are governed by reliability and economic considerations. This case study is part of the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Engineering Case Library (ECL), which can be downloaded in full as a 300mb zip file. The Engineering Case Program originated at Stanford University in 1964 with the support of the National Science Foundation. The catalog was maintained by Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology and Carleton University. It continues under the sponsorship of the Design in Engineering Education Division (DEED) of the ASEE.
- https://archive.org/details/engineeringcaselibraryasee Engineering cases from ASEE
Riveting and hardening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRrmLGKGpVg hand riveting
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9G2XEUrPxE orbital machine riveting , flaring
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_bXiIfcBWs hardening steel, adding carbon.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ051Zie8pk mild steel hardening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dlAm9Fffsk Hammerhead dryscrew installer with magnetic grip. Makita fast screw in device (patented and hackable)
- Metal casting
- http://www.homemadetools.net/ thousands of tool plans for sale.
- Tracked vehicle make steel wheel with outer used car tire.
- http://www.mitcalc.com/en/download.htm gear calculation software
- Gears_robot#Bearing_numbering Bearing numbering 3-15mm ID
- Refractory cement
- https://secure.villagepress.com/store home shop machinist magazine, digital machinist. Monthly magazine series. http://www.homeshopmachinist.net/