cut lathe gears Edit
Mill and lathe alignment Edit
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA3Q8d4ppQs part 1 of 5 series by At-Man Unlimited Machining
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaIuHNFIFNw Rollie Daddy or Rollie Dad method from gadgetbuilder.com
Home made mill Edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0u_aqDPwNo eight part series by channel "home made lathe"
http://zealcnc.wordjot.com/posts/the-bench-top-mill-build-part-1-the-base/ 350kg diy mill. Zaxis frame bolted to y axis with 16 bolts.
Bill T Edit
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qah4iledMQ Spindle assembly mill.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuJoinOwI-Q&t=12s spindle with two angular contact
bearings and morse taper 3
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjyfWDR6UIo commercial spindle
Mong Tran Edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvDpcT8E8wc home made metal lathe
Ray Makes Edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLNTnCgl7fk HomeMade Lathe Bearings Part 3 - self aligning roller bearings
diy lathe2 and spindle Edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXAzJE9Zs8s Auto Reset / ELS Synchronizing Sys. (using 2 proximity sensors, 1 Pulse/Rev): Leadscrew starts running if chuck and leadscrew are at home position. Holes drilling division (Chuck lock): with steps of 10 degree. email@example.com. Headstock faceplate bearing adjusted with four gib screws, one each on square block, shifting the self aligning bearing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7zaHQC9xtc lathe spindle.
blackburn tools Edit
4th axis Edit
DIY lathe Edit
- Dan Gilbert lathe build , usage series youtube
- http://www.laterallogix.co.za/index.php/projects/lathe/ Documenting youtube projects on lathe building.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRIsse05l9Y two square tubes with rails on top spaced out and tacked welded with blocks in between on both ends. Welding bends metal. geniusz K diy belt sander https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_oexLiHSLI milling attachment
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHYa3WfgcPY Home made lathe part 6 by uploader Home made lathe machine. Cast iron bearings over motorcycle spoke.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7lEuooQU9Y diy milling machine pt.2 (same UP)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2pPkQcueCc Tracked vehicle mini dumper. (same UP)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDgm_Kv_OJA inserts thrust bearing back to back for axial load into Tail stock , centered with headstock,then welded to axis slide.
See channel for diy mill, drillpress, pipe bender. (same UP)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBKg8_2ms90 , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK4gmRmuQJ8 diy mini lathe . (same UP)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esAqz6bCVyQ Scrape topslide to finish, tapered gib by UP Meuller nick
mill Adam Maszynotwór Edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRiTLs6U2Po DIY 4th axis mill
Diy lathe Edit
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuriVr7cvYI&t=43s Home made lathe 9 parts by channel Id rather b welding
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwNrxpqnKO8 part 6 by Makercise Gingery lathe, http://www.makercise.com/
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C_FxwKoagg DIY pipe bender, see Machine design#Make it extreme
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1IDHIcyHLY slant bed lathe, 4 axis.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llLWytrtJKc concrete lathe
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55VlsZIuxTA , lathe banjo pt6 danshobbies.com
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fet7CEJDtVA timnymmy, Making a Mini Lathe Carriage Lock out of a brass block to improve facing cuts
sa suppliers Edit
Epoxy granite Edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px07lIp01GY Mill track for linear guide out of large square steel pipe. haven't noticed any deformation. The tube is now stuffed with epoxy granite and making an excellent lathe bed and absorb Vibration. I'd say you go for it. It's cheap as chips and works like a charm if you attach some hiwin style linear guides to it. ( Epoxy granite, also known as synthetic granite, is a mixture of epoxy and granite commonly used as an alternative material for machine tool bases. Epoxy granite is used instead of cast iron and steel for better vibration damping, longer tool life, and lower assembly cost.) http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCMillEpoxyFill.htm (forked from http://www.cnczone.com/forums/epoxy-granite/30155-epoxy-granite-machine-bases-polymer-concrete-frame-47.html#post274123). See slant bed lathe cnczone.com When you consider that even a heavy "bench" mill like the IH still weighs just under 1,000 pounds, while a really small commercial CNC mill such as the Haas TM-1 weighs in at about 3,000 pounds, you can see we hobbyists are challenged to do whatever we can to increase machine rigidity! , Part one, bed risers lathe epoxy granite youtube , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Cn0WRXPKs. longest thread epoxy granite cnczone.com
- http://www.westsystem.com/ss/105-epoxy-resin epoxy 105 resin
- https://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=3760 52 gallon drum $3000.
Haas lathe with square linear guides http://s24.photobucket.com/user/mahockett/media/haas11.jpg.html from http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/archive/index.php/t-21705.html. Guides are raised 10cm above base , creating a depression for chip deposits. See http://www.lathes.co.uk/scinta/index.html scinta model on lathes.co.uk.
lathe project Edit
http://www.model-engineer.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=103541 myford mill conversion
Mill Edithttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CzpytZd4_A Mill the groves out of support platform out of solid slab aluminum , DIY build.
Large millford type mill build. Two x six centimeter metal plate welded onto large pipe. Fill pipe with concrete or epoxy concrete for vibration damping. Thirty kg of epoxy concrete is $120.modelengineercouk Thought this may be of interest to other members who might have a Myford VMB milling machine and how I converted it to CNC. The machine has developed over time. Here is its current state of play...The Blue bits are mostly the added items.
model engineer uk Edit
http://www.model-engineer.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=117179 DIY lathy build
Chile lathe diy Edit
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV9ff_DAOdM From Chile large bearing 7 part series.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV9ff_DAOdM prt.5 tension the AC motor with z axis(two steel tubes over each other).
Gear thread cutting Edit
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHZFj8qAycE from http://www.mainsteam.co.uk/steam_launch.htm
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRmQpSGUAY8 Stationary mill rotating involute gear cutter. The lathe moves the blank through the cutter, cutting a v-shape. Two stepper motors needed , one rotates the blank, other moves platform forward.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2-uOi1uFJU This method preferred mill and lathe combo.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie7dNOLgno0 Spinning tap in chuck cuts worm wheel . Use one geared DC motor mounted on platform, stepper provides x-axis. The blank is fits over vertical shaft, spinning freely.
4th axis Edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkgmjIlOVKc making a gearbox worm for a fourth axis, oil seals.
http://www.lathes.co.uk/stepperhead/ Designed and built by Alan Jackson, the Stepperhead is an attempt to combine, in one unit, the range of facilities found in a medium sized lathe and a small vertical/horizontal milling machine. In the 1950s David Urwick had designed and built the ingenious and versatile Metalmaster http://www.lathes.co.uk/metalmaster/ , a device that combined a lathe and milling machine without unduly compromising the attributes of either.
- http://twilightrobotics.com/cnc/cncnot1 how not to make a cnc
lathe 1 Edit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MUxivrx_MU Harbor freight mini lathe
http://morgandemers.com/ making a lathe face plate with aluminium casting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJHDSY7tZ8c quick change toolpost
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTArvTJt5eI build hand tool lathe Building a Hand Drill Lathe (How To)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wejoxolvjw Homemade Wood lathe Duplicator using an angle grinder King Arthur wheel on grinder for lathe work DIY lathe for woodwork
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz8dxXfm2hs Lathe from old DRILLPRESS
www.youtube.com/watch?v=40vQHTt9s-A micro or mini lathe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwmpFI1kDww Homde made lathe BEVEL block bearings, shows pictures .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXAzJE9Zs8s Huge lathe built from scratch with pictures.
check out sherline 4000 mini micor lathe
Lathe face cutters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSeMX9SZXXY helical gear is cut on lathe. this is preferred can be reproduced.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAtziCsUj5Q Helical with CNC machine.
hobbynut channel Edit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UBxNPbg0ls CNC or mill(manually) cutting worm gear. adapt with DIY drill lathe . Hand drill rotates at high speed with a cutting tool, lathe part is done at angle to cut worm pattern out of plastic. The angle of the drill bit determines how thick or thin the worm gear edges are.
http://www.mini-lathe.org.uk/12-hobbing-the-worm-wheel.shtml telescope worm wheel
Concrete lathe Edit
stupid idea will be moved to the bottom later http://opensourcemachinetools.org/concrete-lathe/ links to http://concretelathe.wikispaces.com/Current+Design+Drawings and http://makezine.com/projects/the-multimachine-150-12-swing-metal-lathemilldrill/
Lathe brands Edit