DJI video system Edit
http://cinescopophilia.com/ambarella-4k-h1-camera-system-on-chip-soc-for-a-new-generation-of-sports-quadcopter-cameras/ The Ambarella H1 supports 4K Ultra HD H.264 video encoding at 60 frames per second for high-speed live-action recording with smooth slow-motion capabilities. It also supports the new H.265/HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) video standard for 4K Ultra HD encoding at up to 30 frames per second, providing higher image quality at lower bitrates as well as faster video uploads and higher resolution video streaming. A new generation of Image Sensor Pipeline (ISP) with High Dynamic Range (HDR) processing delivers high quality video and high megapixel photos even under extreme lighting conditions. The H1 also includes advanced Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) for stable video recording during windy or high motion conditions.
The Ambarella H1 integrates a hardware de-warping engine supporting 360-degree panoramic cameras. In addition to 4K Ultra HD encoding, it also supports 1440p (QHD) video at 120 frames per second and 1080p video at 240 frames per second, for smooth slow-motion playback. The integration of a 1.2 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU with floating point and NEONTM provides significant processing power for customer applications including analytics and wireless networking. Its USB host provides connectivity with 4G/LTE solutions.
H1 Feature Summary
- H.264 (AVC) Baseline/Main/High Profile Level 5.2 encoding up to 4K Ultra HD resolution at 60 frames per second.
- H.265 (HEVC) Main Profile encoding up to 4Kp30 video.
- Next generation Image Sensor Pipeline (ISP) with 4Kp30 high ISO processing for excellent low-light imaging.
- Sensor capture rate of up to 2 Gigapixels per second with high-speed SLVS-EC/SLVS/MIPI/HiSPi interfaces supporting up to 64-Megapixel (MP) sensor resolution.
- Line-interleaved multi-exposure High Dynamic Range (HDR) processing.
- Real-time hardware-accelerated de-warping for 360-degree panoramic lenses.
- Enhanced Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) with rolling shutter correction.
- 1.2 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU with floating point, NEON and 1 MByte full speed L2 cache.
- Rich set of SoC interfaces includes support for DDR3/DDR3L/LPDDR2, USB 2.0 host and device, HDMI 2.0 with 4Kp60 support, SDXC SD card, and dual sensor interfaces.
- USB host for 4G/LTE module connectivity.
- Low-power 28nm process technology.
IP camera Edit
http://www.ambarella.com/products/security-ip-cameras Video surveillance is moving away from grainy, analog CCTV technology in favor of high-resolution, networked digital video cameras with on-board analytics. These next-generation IP cameras are capable of analyzing content in real-time, as well as streaming secure, high-resolution video over a standard network -- which allows for viewing, recording and management from virtually anywhere. Leveraging our professional broadcasting technology and consumer silicon know-how, Ambarella products provide an unmatched combination of pristine image quality and low system power for IP cameras and video encoders, offering key differentiators such as ultra-low-light imaging, 180/360-degree dewarping, high dynamic range imaging, and a powerful ARM® Cortex-A9 CPU supported by a flexible Linux-based SDK.
A flexible ARM Cortex-A9 CPU allows the implementation of cloud services and intelligent video analytics such as intrusion detection, or audio analytics such as the detection of breaking glass.
Gopro chipset Edit
http://news.investors.com/technology/111414-726598-chipmaker-ambarella-aims-for-cop-cameras-security-dashcams.htm Ambarella (NASDAQ:AMBA) might not be a household name, but its chips process the high-definition, high-resolution video in the popular GoPro (NASDAQ:GPRO) cameras.
BUT Ambarella won't talk to individuals, only large manufacturing outfits in China for example. http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/CCTV-OEM-ODM-MP-38-38mm_60125567102.html Supply own lens , CCTV OEM ODM MP 38*38mm H.264 onvif 'Ambarella A5S camera digital infrared low light cmos camera module ambarella a5s sdk. Its https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wide_dynamic_range eliminates sun glare . 0.01lux in B/W mode , 1.3Meg pixel. 1/3cmos sensor.
Gopro's markup is about 3x more than other OEM using the same chipset.
http://cubieboard.org/ embedded pc open source hardware