https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIj9I-ubiBI creates micro climate around plant, instead of keeping entire greenhouse at set temperature, using less energy.
- https://www.bitchute.com/video/nja8p1I6cbw/ Blue drum system(three drums)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbFWrZCVFgI, Pipe filter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdvgiDUhJJA frm https://www.etsy.com/shop/PaperTribe?ref=hdr_shop_menu
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaponics#References pdf files , construction notes
- http://www.aces.edu/dept/fisheries/aquaculture/documents/309884-SRAC454.pdf Fish, vegetable production
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhPfKK6smLA Tilapia dam , with fresh water prawns to clean bottom.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7ynBppcvKM Aquaponics and geodesic dome construction, aeration, pumping from http://www.bigelowbrook.com and http://www.bigelowbrook.com/Products/GrowGrip/Default.aspx (growgrip) plastic spunge to grow and grip seedlings .
- http://www.bigelowbrook.com/Products/Shale/ExpandedShale.aspx Expanded Shale is a lightweight aggregate that is an ideal growing media for hydroponic or aquaponic systems. The shale is mined, crushed and fired under high temperatures in a rotary kiln, producing a clean, inert, porous, and light material.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8_sGSmyaRY Series of videos on geodesic dome for greenhouse
Aerobic Biological Reactors(ABR's) are a key component in the water recycling process of an Aquaponics production system.They provide for the biological conversion of ammonia. This results in an ideal growing medium for Lemna minor which becomes fish food. Lemna is one of natures smallest flowering plants and contains 35-40% crude protein with a high concentrations of essential amino acids, folic acid, minerals and beta carotene pigments that provide a balanced and nutritional diet.
ILA member, Freddie Hebert is CEO of Louisiana Biofuel. He is currently funding a duckweed production to ethanol plant. The system uses a novel approach to handling distiller’s grains. Dry ingredients, (rice chaff, corn meal, soybean meal, molasses, minerals and calcium) will be added to the wet ethanol co-product to dilute the moisture content. The dry matter is then run through a pellet extruder and is machine packed in 50 pound bags for transport and sale. This process eliminates the need for a dryer and the same process produces a complete animal feed, not a supplement. Visit http://www.LouisianaBiofuels.com to learn more.
http://www.researchgate.net/publication/26568612_Dried_duckweed_and_commercial_feed_promote_adequate_growth_performance_of_tilapia_fingerlings - 4.5kg urea(nitrogen) produces 1000kg of green feed.
Build iglo domes - geodesic domes http://ziptiedomes.com/ see bookmarks Housing to encapsulate duckweed ponds
- http://infohouse.p2ric.org/ref/09/08875.htm#Growth%20conditions needs only 1cm of static water for growth, 20cm preferred. World bank study
hydroponics water farm Edit
- http://www.container-gardening-for-food.com/ plastic gutters for thin film nutrients
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJjAWF2DfWY aframe
Seedlings, cloning - Aeroponics Edit
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eMt3kCUYnw Aeroponics, mist spray on 30min, off 30min to allow oxygen uptake.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgC20Wtx0Eo Aeroponics pepper rails system. sprinklers mounted on single pvc 25mm pipe, inserted flat at the bottom inside fence post. peppers inserted via round hole , netcup on inside pvc fence post. not an aquaponics system , by hydroponic.
sprinklers all have equal pressure, problem though could be root rot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S2ruUA7X9w series of videos, six rails , posts set 5 apart. in rails 4inch net cups.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw6DzjDP8SI by jksax tube insertion assembly into square PVC base tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHs2DTV581g aeroponic www.growmaxx.com - hack design
Vertical tower garden Edit
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlMNXAV4M7M vertical tower 53 plants in 4 square feet - Garden tower
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9vN2eudWcQ BOTTLE tower
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOMIZ7LVMeE Shadenet greenhouse, buckets suspended from vertical rack.
Tunnelhouse construction Edit
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaKDQiWYJow PVC pipe, expanded clay, cups for lettuce strawberries . Plastic cups with five holes drilled at bottom for holding small seedling. Used Goldfish for ammonia supply to plants, plants converts this to nitrogen.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F9n8pMlYjk Backyard aquaponics system, thin HDPE platic bucket inserted into welded
steel cage for support.
http://www.sunrisegreenhousetunnels.co.za/wmenu.php , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEzku4xtm5c solid plastic base , plastic pipes on top.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4F9rVrb1oM Follow Wranglerstar on Facebook for exclusive videos, pictures, & updates. Have you been putting off building a greenhouse. This set of videos will show you step by step how to build a 12' X 10 ' greenhouse. A greenhouse can extend your growing season and is a must have item for all homesteaders. This design is a simple DIY project that anyone should be able to tackle. You can build your own greenhouse like this for under $1000 5 parts
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at6d8ZbCslo jubilee clamps
- http://www.h2ofarm.co.uk/ Barley growing hydroponics
- http://pacapride.wordpress.com/2012/11/27/barley-fodder-from-trials-to-production/ Trays
South Essex manufacturing glass and plastic greenhouses. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB7RYIlS6LQ
LED growth lights Edit
- LEDs:72pcs Red;48pcs Blue
- Red:620--760nm ; Blue:430--490nm
http://dghydro.com/item/led-grow-lights/apollo-18-800watt-8-band-uv-ir/lid=21364726 1meter long led light covers 7square meters at a 2meter hight .
Kratky method Edit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDYeffYcVkY Floating hydroponic
larry athey Edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzcC6zkDDiY zipgrow tower clone. uses newspaper for seeds. see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XI9fKm92Ic&feature=youtu.be for not using netpots but old newspapers. uses small foam block. pond filter media is used as root support inside tower, gutter guard brand from home depot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_RRYhPYKBc GTOWER IS better solution. by larry athey... or at least so he claims , he did not specify why the vertical cut slot isn't effective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni042DCOFvQ aquaponics vs hydroponics, no fish, waste removal testing etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCtAQOP3xuk green bottles tower
http://nutramist.com/retrofitting.html Ebb&Flo (or Flood & Drain) gardens have been the mainstay of the hydroponics industry for many years due to their low cost, ease of maintenance and effectiveness. Until now, advances in methods of maximizing the productivity of ebb & flow gardens has been limited to "solving" on of their largest inherent flaws, evaporative loss & excessive growing media requirements. Evaporative losses are caused by the large surface area of these tables that are exposed to open air and intense lighting during the daylight cycle. Until now, evaporative losses have contributed to nutrient concentration drifts and pH fluctuations. To reduce this problem, many manufacturers have created covers for their tables which help prevent evaporative loss and also block out light which stops algae growth from negatively impacting root growth. Tray covers also help to create a microclimate with higher humidity in the root zone which also assists overall root health. The other challenge with straight ebb & flo tables is that the plants require a large amount of growing media, be it rockwool cubes, slabs or more recently, coir and soilless mixes in containers. In many instances, this media needs to be replaced after each production run which adds to the cost and complexity of operation. fogger aeroponics , http://generalhydroponics.com/growing-media/. https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/fogponics-advanced-aero.239523/ FOGPONICS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbFWrZCVFgI NFT, raft , fishes in pond aquaponics. What about dutch bucket? 400 thou view. To make cutlings sprout add small amount vitamin b1 to water.
http://theazollafoundation.org azolla converts nitrogen directly out of air
http://scholarcommons.scu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1019&context=mech_senior p.53 aeroponics thesis masters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dstu_-hq4_s 1600 strawberries in 20feet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaKDQiWYJow pvc pipes two fish tanks, gravity fed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqPD1N74XBg better idea, valve allows flow down each pvc pipe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJorITEWCWk lava rock for growth medium in nft strawberries
http://www.growstone.com/2014/01/clay-pebbles-vs-growstones-out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new/ Growstones vs clay pebbles
http://www.buypaintstick.com paint walls with new invention
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hTEyif_xbQ potato haresting with tractor out of soil
- Horticulture pumps