Corexy frame Edit
- Heated chamber uses Mazak covers on top. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vertical-mill-lathe-project-log/51688-cnc-25.html
- bcn3d frame , Delrin nut Used with z-axis
- 3d delta printing Solidworks file of Kossel printer. The square linear guide rails for z-axis functionality are expensive but prevent side shaft movement. An alternative are two 8mm chromed rods, side by side and SC8UU SCV8UU Linear Motion Bearing Slide Bushings mounted on square aluminium plate.
- Lulzbot Solid works files.
markforged carbon nylon printing Edit
- https://markforged.com/ carbon fiber printer blends with nylon, creates part as strong as steel.
Filament extrusion Edit
- Makerfarm , metal printer https://github.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=makerfarm
- http://www.inventapart.com/ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1650950769/rigidbot-3d-printer?ref=discovery
- http://www.emakershop.com/browse/listing?l=964 Prusa parts list
- Ultimaker metal kit 14 parts ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weistek-WT2-3D-Printer-All-Metal-Body-Makerbot-Electronics-Heated-Bed-/321655298366 , https://www.inventables.com/technologies/x-carve Note the z axis design, an all metal frame for prusa i3 .
All metal printers Edit
- http://www.3dmonstr.com/ , https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/breytblat/3dmonstr-large-industrial-grade-quad-extruder-3d-p 40 microns
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWVVSZP3Au4 Lost PLA method, print part to cast out of aluminium at 103% to compensate for contraction.
- Heated chamber build from http://forum.e3d-online.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=66
- ORD bot
- Mod the German reprap large build plate,metal frame idea. See cncshopmill.com
- http://openbuildspartstore.com cnc preferred slider gantry and aluminium extrusion, printers brackets for HADRON or ORD bot
- All aluminium printer, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blJxz28HuQI modded from (ie Aluminatus TrinityOne, MendelMAX v2, Lulzbot TAZ, etc....) and then CNC machine myself most of the parts you see in this video. Design: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:468612 with 29meg of Solid works files. File name DIY_all_aluminum_3D_Printer.zip
- Uses SC10UU linear bearing blocks , ebay and EZstruder. Velleman printer prints(PLA) symmetrical ACME threaded rods. If a printer can't print a complete profile, cut in half with 3d slicer and glue together again. Insert rod and continually rotate to remove glue from threads. Use Plaster of paris and aluminium foundry to cast rod.
- http://hackaday.io/project/776-3d-workcenter mod for Heated chamber
- http://www.openbeamusa.com/ from http://reprap.org/wiki/Extruded_Aluminum See http://sasecurity.wikia.com/wiki/Cnc_buildlog for sa supplier
- http://www.ebay.com/usr/8020inc , http://8020.net/
- http://www.smoothedge.co.za/t-slot-aluminium-and-accessories.html T-slot supplier
- 3d printing el34world All metal printer, diy , pictures using v-slot extrusion.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnOkYMATW4I user fromjesse
Lost PLA casting Edit
- See Metal casting.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWVVSZP3Au4 print at 103% for alum contraction when cooling. Play sand:plaster ratio 1:1 , pure plaster will not withstand the heat from aluminium. Let aluminium cool a bit before pouring.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMluq9IxuhA. Quencing a cast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjijGyVOLpg prevents the hot alum from aerolizing the plaster.
Cnc and 3d forums Edit
- http://www.cnczone.com/forums/linear-and-rotary-motion/120776-cnc.html Forum cnczone.com
reprap and slic3r Edit
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/photonelephant/photon-elephant-a-real-os-for-your-3d-printer , http://photonelephant.com/
- http://www.reprap.org http://blog.think3dprint3d.com/
- http://www.r2-3d.media-conversions.net/nextgen/Belt.Drive.html reprap parts list
- http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:279871 , www.idea-lab3d.eu frame with 2020 aluminium extrusion.
- http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:269586 Large prints inside thermally insulated box to prevent delamination. Box built out of PIR foam http://www.ipcindustries.co.za/Products/Rigid-Polyurethane.html
Slic3r , http://richrap.blogspot.com/2012/01/slic3r-is-nicer-part-1-settings-and.html , http://richrap.blogspot.com/2012/01/slic3r-is-nicer-part-2-filament-and.html, http://richrap.blogspot.com/2012/01/slic3r-is-nicer-part-3-how-low-can-you.html , from http://richrap.blogspot.com/2012/01/slic3r-is-nicer-part-1-settings-and.html printer speed by thomas sanladerer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HsIZuj9vOs
- https://reprappro.com/documentation/ormerod/ Ormerod https://github.com/reprappro/Ormerod, uses https://github.com/T3P3/Duet Duet electronics instead of Ramps
- http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:498521 jaws for ormerod
- https://www.youmagine.com/designs/mendel90-e3d-v6-bowden-setup mendel90
extruders, hotends and heated chamber Edit
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:711401 The B'Struder is an entirely new Bowden extruder design. It fits all common stepper motors, and all popular pinch gears. Variants are available for several common tube connections. YOU PICK THE EXTRUDER HARDWARE! All you need is a few M3 screws/nuts, a suitable ~3/8" or ~10mm spring, and three 623 bearings.Unlike most extruder designs, the B'Struder filament path runs entirely through the spring idler arm. This accomplishes two unique things:1) Makes the filament path alignment very tolerant of different pinch gear diameters 2) Makes tension on the Bowden tube (due to filament pushing force) mildly assist pinch gear grip This requires very specific geometry for the hinge, idler bearing, output fitting, and pinch gear contact point. This is a new design, and feedback is welcome. But it's working great in my Delta so far. I'm running very aggressive retraction settings without any issues. Let me know how it works for you!
- http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:734851 Compact dual extruder prusa i3
- Makerbot , Bulldog extruder
- Micron3dp All metal design" enables working with Polycarbonate up to 300 degrees Celsius
- https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/prometheus-hot-end Prometheus hotend, http://www.dta-labs.com/ , http://libre3d.com/category/513/Hot-Ends/listings/582/Prometheus-Hot-End-Customizable-All-Metal-Hot-End.html as reviewed by http://zennmaster.com/
- http://richrap.com/?p=121 , http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:23775 Dual extrusion
- http://e3d-online.com/The-Kraken , http://e3d-online.com/E3D-v6/Full-Kit/v6-1.75mm-Universal-Bowden
- http://wiki.stoutwind.de/doku.php?id=stoutwinds-rampage-universal-single-extruder , http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:537291 A multipurpose Extruder for 3.00mm filaments. You can use it as bowden or direct extruder. It's compatible with over 40 hotends. There are several tools and adapters included. Has Optimized geometry and variants for square nut and hexagon nut fastening. You get a really precise description for our extruder here: http://wiki.stoutwind.de/doku.php?id=stoutwinds-rampage-universal-single-extruder. The extruder development and creation of the description/build information took several weeks and more than 300 hours (including research, development, sorting, photo shooting, rendering, texting, validating, ...) . It's build from ground up, inspired by Greg's wade reloaded extruder and many other.
- https://www.ultimaker.com/pages/our-printers/ultimaker-2 Ultimaker
- http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Geeetech-GT9S-direct-feed-extruder-motor-Nema17-J-head-V2-0-RepRap-Prusa-Mendel-/201114906141?tfrom=191305623744&tpos=top&ttype=price&talgo=undefined GT9S all metal $160
- http://www.instructables.com/id/Combination-CNC-Machine-and-3D-Printer/?ALLSTEPS Nylon printing issues
http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/ merge to stl files for one print . http://3dprintingwizard.com/tutorial-merge-stl-files/ , http://www.transmagic.com/
filament winder Edit
- Heated chamber Heat to 80C for printing ABS
- http://www.fabric8r.com/forums/showthread.php?1346-Slic3r-Settings-Post-your-Slic3r-config-files-here-so-all-can-download Forums Slic3r settings.
- http://www.robobeast.co.za/ German reprap clone from south africa. Cannot print ABS , has no Heated chamber and no Cpu radiator cooling system. ABS can only print at 70C or else lamination and warping takes place. PLA melts above 40c, a PLA print won't survive the interior of a hot car.
- 3d printing materials
- b9creator.com Patent prevents cloning, http://hackaday.com/2014/05/24/makerbot-files-patents-internet-goes-crazy/
- http://www.3d-printer.co.za, http://www.3dprintingstore.co.za/ Stock clearance R255 for filament
- http://www.instructables.com/id/Nylon-Printable-608-Ball-Bearing/ Nylonn printable ball bearings